Who You Gonna Call? Ghostbusters!

11 months ago by QuestFerret in DLC

If you were disappointed that there was no Ghostbusters content released during this year’s Haunted Hallows event, fear not! Today Psyonix have announced that the Ecto-1 body is returning to celebrate the impending launch of Ghostbusters: Afterlife next week.

The Ecto-1 was first available as a premium DLC and launched back in June 2019. Unfortunately it was delisted not too long after, with a window of well under a year for players to buy it. Other than a brief period of two days where it appeared on the shop last year for Halloween, it’s never been seen again… until today!

The Ecto-1 is based on the Dominus hitbox and authentically represents the vehicle from the Ghostbusters films. This time around it’s available with two all-new Reel Life decals as well. The standard Reel Life decal represents the shining white look you’ll likely know and love, whilst the Reel Afterlife decal resembles the car as it’s found in the trailer for Ghostbusters Afterlife - abandoned, rusty, and dusty.

Along with the body there’s the usual assortment of extra items - the Ecto-1 BK wheels, along with a unique engine audio as we’ve come to expect, the Spirits Boost, and the incredibly unusual RTV Trail.

As is the new trend, pricing is confusing to say the least for this bundle. The full bundle is 1100 credits, containing the body, wheels, decals, boost, trail and engine audio. Alternatively though, you’re able to buy those individually should you want to pick and choose. Pricing varies from item to item, with the vehicle commanding the highest price of 500 credits, all the way down to 100 credits for each of the decals. The full price list is as below:

Ecto-1 Vehicle: 500 Credits RTV Trail: 300 Credits Spirits Boost: 400 Credits Ecto-1 BK Wheels: 200 Credits Reel Life Decal: 100 Credits Reel Afterlife Decal: 100 Credits

Alternatively, if you purchased the Ecto-1 previously while it was available, you can pay 600 credits to upgrade to the new bundle and unlock all of the additional items.

Sadly the Ecto-1 cannot be customised much, beyond choosing which of the decals you want to use, but that’s often to be expected with movie tie-in battle cars. It’s also only available for a limited time - the bundle is available from today, November 11th, through to November 22nd. If you’re looking to buy it, make sure you get the credits together in time, because it’ll be gone before you know it.

On top of all this, as an added bonus, the Stay Puft goal explosion is going to be showing it’s soft, squidgy, delicious face on the item store too, and this time it’s painted! The official announcement article shows pictures of the Sky Blue, Crimson and Black variants. Those will likely be released at some point between now and the 22nd when the bundle ends, but keep your eyes peeled on the Rocket League Item Shop as no prices or dates have officially been announced details just yet.

So, will you be buying the bundle? Or maybe the brand new painted Stay Puft explosions? Let me know what your thoughts are down in the comments, and if you’re going to buy then  maybe use the creator code RLGARAGE. As an Epic Partner, RLG will receive a small cut of any purchases made using it at absolutely no cost to you.

Comments

Please login to participate in this article discussion!

McDonalds_Credits

@DemonSlime4838
No one will give you credits for free, either buy credits with your own $, use your moms CC, or trade items for it! :)

McDonalds_Credits

@Brorgan
Message me in dms. I will see then! :)

McDonalds_Credits

@Qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbn
Sure, as long as they are not limited RP items! ;)

McDonalds_Credits

@grphgrl
Of course not, Epic wants to make more $, so they will separate and it now costs just for the Crimson Stay Puft Goal Explosion 1,000 credits. The Ecto-1 Bundle costs 1,100 credits in total for all of the items which is understandable, but the Goal Explosion? 1,000 credits just for Crimson Stay Puft? No, thank you! :)

Deviino

Thank you @Nintenoah! :D

McDonalds_Credits

@DissolvedHeart
I agree, bring the Reaper Wheels and good paint finishes! ;)

DissolvedHeart

11 months ago
I don’t know where to complain other than here about the item shop since I lack social media. Why do they keep adding the doughnut, bunny, and bandaid/bandage banners to the item shop? Who is buying/using these?

Nintenoah

11 months ago
@McDonalds_Credits I am here to inform you. I come from a parallel universe where you haven't swapped your name yet. But I think I'm too late. You need to believe in yourself and know what you're doing because the universe could collapse.

Eyadoops

Any one trade with me

ReadBeforeMessageMe

11 months ago
Oi lads, can someone trade with me??

ReadBeforeMessageMe

Can someone trade with me? I just need 500 more credits 😭

FerrariSingh

I need 1.5k credits 🥺🥺

McDonalds_Credits

Imagine I win the Dueling Dragons though 😶‍🌫️

Pulse_Qwerty

@Nintenoah
So the kids that ask for free creds will take the tw Stan and tw emeralds if he is giving them away. They’re cred hungry

McDonalds_Credits

@REDSTONE_LR
I know that, I am not dumb. I am wondering when it will return again 😂

REDSTONE_LR