Formula One 2022 Fan Pass

15 days ago by QuestFerret in Rocket League News

I’d been wondering for a little while whether Formula One would be returning to Rocket League in 2022, but today Psyonix have ended my wonder with the launch of the all new Formula One 2022 bundle!

Much like with NASCAR, F1 saw a brand new car specification enter the fray in 2022. Along with that, most teams have changed their liveries, with some being less subtle than others, looking at you, Mercedes. As such, the 2021 F1 bundle is looking a little dated.

Don't despair, though, because that all changes today! Assuming you're willing to spend the credits, of course.

The star of the bundle is the Formula One 2022 battle car body. It’s not too dissimilar from the 2021 version - it still uses the Dominus hitbox, it still has heavy customisation restrictions, but it mirrors the general spec of the 2022 cars pretty well.

Formula 1 2022

Formula 1 2022

Pirelli

Pirelli

The body sits on top of a new set of Pirelli F1 wheels, which might actually look worse than last year’s, but hey - realism! It also comes with a unique engine audio. You're not going to see any manufacturer-specific parts, but it should be close enough for the vast majority of F1 fans.

The main appeal of this bundle is likely going to be the team-specific decals, and luckily they look on point once again this year. The teams represented are:

Alfa Romeo 2022

Alfa Romeo 2022 (Formula 1 2022)

AlphaTauri 2022

AlphaTauri 2022 (Formula 1 2022)

Ferrari 2022

Ferrari 2022 (Formula 1 2022)

McLaren 2022

McLaren 2022 (Formula 1 2022)

McLaren Miami 2022

McLaren Miami 2022 (Formula 1 2022)

Red Bull 2022

Red Bull 2022 (Formula 1 2022)

You may note that five of the ten teams on the grid are missing from that list - including reigning champions Mercedes. That’s because much like the NASCAR bundle from a few weeks ago, this is a Fan Pass rather than a bundle. We’re getting more content later in the season, including decals for the remaining five teams in summer, and new colour variants of the Pirelli wheels in the autumn.

Honestly, in my view, this is pretty disappointing. Unlike the NASCAR fan pass, which I think is a great concept, this one just feels so, so stretched. The decals are vaguely, understandable, although withholding Mercedes is pretty frustrating. But the wheels! Waiting until Autumn, just to get a couple of colour variations? I don’t understand why that’s a separate drop.

Anyway, frustrations aside, all of this is available for just one week, from May 4th to May 10th 2022, and comes in at the usual cost of 1100 credits. As per usual, there’s no information about when we can expect the bundle to return, however it’s almost inevitable that it will, given the two upcoming drops.

Will you be buying the bundle? Let me know down in the comments! What do you think of the pass, and the wait for some of the other items? Also will you be using the creator code, RLGARAGE? #EpicPartner. Let me know!

Comments

Please login to participate in this article discussion!

slangy_savant9

15 days ago
cool car, not so cool hitbox unfortunately. like the designs and prob gonna get this with code RLGARAGE. y'all should too

squeegee4231

14 days ago
how do you get it for free using the code?

DM_me_offer_RLG

12 days ago
@EliLinenfelser but it is good to use the code when you purchase items in the shop

Israel-v8

12 days ago
@EliLinenfelser bruhhhh lol u thought a whole car pack was free

UserXtremE

15 days ago
Never gonna give you up

Twitch_LuvvLobo

15 days ago
may the 4th be with you :)

CrunchyFlea8900

14 days ago
May the 4th be with you too

bigfootdude247

14 days ago
@CrunchyFlea8900 Now it's Revenge of the Fifth

Kk_RL

13 days ago
@bigfootdude247 well no because there is no month specific as to the 5th so any month could be revenge of the fifth

NotAbot_67

14 days ago
CINCO DE MAYO 🇲🇽🌮🫔🌯

Bl3ndrz

15 days ago
Ooh, that's exciting! I don't think I'd been playing rocket league when the last one dropped, so I'm excited to see how this looks! Thank you!

Bl3ndrz

15 days ago
oh gosh i just realized how many"!"s i added there

DM_me_offer_RLG

13 days ago
I just remember from the original f1 car that it doesn't exactly fit the hitbox

Bl3ndrz

13 days ago
@DM_me_offer_RLG oh yeah, that was ridiculous.

NewBLACKSANTA

7 days ago
this is by far the gayest comment section ive ever ran into

SharkyTheBoss

11 days ago
Rocket league should give for free to ppl who bought the f1 2021 bundle

chevy_astro_isxxc

15 days ago
sorry guys but it sucks.

squeegee4231

14 days ago
what is the thing thats like two vertical purple lines that I think is called or series??

big_shmliff_

11 days ago
Two vertical purple lines?

squeegee4231

11 days ago
@big_shmliff_ https://rocket-league.com/items/misc/or

squeegee4231

11 days ago
@big_shmliff_ go to series and miscellaneous and it will be on your top right

nice-and-happy10

14 days ago
Never gonna run around

UserXtremE

14 days ago
I've already done this 🕶️

UN0FF1C14L

15 days ago
Ngl I think the bundles in general on rl aren’t the best except for the mean green bundle with butterflies but still wouldn’t get it

DM_me_offer_RLG

13 days ago
@Kk_RL hmm good point, but other than that it's pretty dry

AgentShockwave12

13 days ago
We need the Hot Wheels DLCs to return. I am an avid HW collector, I would want the original Twin Mill, Rip Rod, 2JetZ and maybe a few others.

Kyruis

15 days ago
They could make F1 a LOT better

nice-and-happy10

15 days ago
I am so exited. What do u think, will it kost Credits or real Bucks ?

Mr-Mackelmore

15 days ago
1100 credits and when there are items added in the future you can get them for free if you already bought the pass. For info like this I recommend following Dylbobz on YouTube (this is not an ad or something I just really recommend giving him a follow)

Kk_RL

13 days ago
@Mr-Mackelmore i eould but his voice is like any other youtubers and he always has a sponsored intro

CHRAYS_PRO

2 days ago
May be next will be bmw? What do you think?

Zacdumoo

4 days ago
Did I really just get Rick rolled

AgentShockwave12

9 days ago
Any one know of some boosts that aren’t as obvious, simple and small, similar to standard or ion?

CRG17

10 days ago
Never gunna never gunna

UN0FF1C14L

10 days ago
Why do the recent designs I generate not appear after I watch the ad in the rl garage app and web all? If anyone can help that would be great

Flashy_RL4689

11 days ago
@Clutch_ninjagame https://open.spotify.com/track/4cOdK2wGLETKBW3PvgPWqT?si=u4FkHl8qT4ybPsgs8MFs6A

nice-and-happy10

12 days ago
never gonna say goodbye

nice-and-happy10

13 days ago
Never gonna say goodbye

Haisesasaki

14 days ago
My step sis Is stuck in the washing machin, some advice?

JeckoWolfer

12 days ago
get the washing machine running, it will eventually stop, and open on its own