007's Aston Martin DB5

4 months ago by QuestFerret in DLC

It’s been a great year for car packs, we’ve seen new additions to the Rocket League roster from pick-up trucks to hyper cars, but today might mark the introduction of the best pack yet. From July 29th 2021, 007’s Aston Martin DB5 is available on the in-game item shop for a limited time! You might recognise it from Skyfall, but it’s also set to feature in No Time To Die, Daniel Craig’s final outing as 007, due for release later this year.

The complete content of the car pack is as follows:

Aston Martin DB5  Aston Martin DB5 Engine Audio Aston Martin DB5 Wheels Reel Life Decal

As with most premium DLC packs, the items in the pack are only available for use on the DB5, and not all customisation items can be used on the DB5. Like the Delorean, custom antennas, wheels and decals are not available, so unfortunately you can't throw an Interstellar decal at this, however great it could look.

In this case the Reel Life decal is just silver, similar to the new McLaren decal from a couple of months ago, but it’s a classic look for the DB5 and I for one can’t wait to get my hands on this one. The DB5 body sports the Octane hitbox, so between that and sleek curves of one of Aston’s finest designs, it’s shaping up to be one of the better car packs we’ve seen.

As always though, a pack can be made or broken by the price. At 1100 credits for a single body it's a little more than some recent larger packs, but next to the Lamborghini Huracan and McLaren 570S it feels acceptably priced. As always you'll have to make the decision for yourself as to whether you think it's worth it, but we'll be making the purchase ourselves.

The DB5 is only available for a limited time, although Psyonix's official blog post doesn’t state how long for. We'd assume it will be available for at least one week, maybe two, but it will be gone before we know it. Basically, if you want it, get the credits together and buy it as soon as you can.

Also noted on the official Rocket League news post is that “Bond will declassify more of his garage later this year” and that’s something that’s incredibly exciting. With other Astons like the V8 Vantage, the DBS Superleggera, and the gorgeous and all-new Valhalla confirmed as starring in No Time to Die, we could be seeing some more great battle cars over the next few months.

Or maybe Psyonix will troll all of us, and bring in the Ford Mondeo from Casino Royale, who knows. Either way, we cannot wait to fork over more credits, and every DLC release is a convenient opportunity to mention RLG’s creator code, which is RLGARAGE. As an #EpicPartner, RLG will receive a small cut of any purchases you make on the store, which will help to fund ongoing development costs.

Comments

Seenodeeee

28 days ago
why I think it was good

Faisal2

1 month ago
I would rather die then not take it lol

Faisal2

1 month ago
Umm I hate that car it’s the WROST

Audifever6970

1 month ago
I mean i would if i had bought it

Itsbradybaby12

2 months ago
I forgot to get the 007 Aston Martin DB5 :(

Yureuty

2 months ago
I love the car

McDonalds_Credits

3 months ago
@NEED2STM8
I know! It’s been 40 days! I feel like it was last week or something!

Pulse_Qwerty

3 months ago
It’s been 28 days! What! It felt like yesterday

Lolipop454

3 months ago
It’s a really cool car

Homlander

4 months ago
Check profile. If you feel like spending.Treat your self.

MythicalRaviv

4 months ago
Hey can you add the Aston Martin back please right after you do athenas pack please add it back I was gonna get it until you removed I’ve been crying please let me get the Aston Martin please add you it back😭😭

abz_soldier

4 months ago
This is so trash 69

TiTou_RS6

4 months ago
It’s finished

Natebroy2020

4 months ago
This is just proof that rocket leage can turn any oeice of shjt to look nice. I wanna throw up...

Beluga_

4 months ago
It is a cool car!

McDonalds_Credits

4 months ago
Please look at my trades @Nintenoah

TiTou_RS6

4 months ago
Aston Martin DBS would be better

Skyline_jdm_gaming

4 months ago
a car and a decal for 1100 bs🤬

846_naktell

4 months ago
I have amazing offers with low prices