Car Designer Update – New presets, bookmarking & more

7 months ago by vicegold in Car Designer

Today we're bringing you the first major update for RL Garage Car Designer! Please update to version 2.3.1 if you're using the RL Garage mobile app!

New Presets

We heard you loud and clear! When we first introduced the Car Designer in December 2021 the general feedback was very positive, but some Rocket League design veterans have been asking for more presets ever since. With today's update there are 6 of them!

Garage
The view known from the Item Shop impresses with its particularly good illumination. It lets your dream car shine in a very special way.

Reverse Sweep
Before this update, design presets on our car designer ever only displayed your loadout once. With this update this changes with the Reverse Sweep preset! Your loadout is not visible only once, not twice, but 6 times!

All of Us
Similar to the Reverse Sweep preset, All of Us displays your loadout in many different angles but closer to the main car.

Turntable
This view uses the same location as the Garage preset, but turns your car 90 degrees to better show off boosts and trails.

Banana
Many car design fans swear by this view which focuses on body, decal, boost and trail. No goal explosions, no frills!

Boom
Boom boom boom

The presets Middle of the Air!, Boosting a lot and Who's that Ball!? have been deactivated with today's update as they have been used by very few users.

Better lighting aka. Hero lighting

All new as well as existing presets have been enhanced with better lighting. Where before there were often very dark scenes where your car was barely visible, now you can see every detail even on dark maps and let your car shine!

Design bookmarks

Did you find a design you liked very much and want to save it for later? From now on you can bookmark every design and find it later in your bookmark list on your profile.

Downloads

A few weeks ago we added the possibility to download designs in HD. You can download not only your own designs but also all designs of other users. Premium users can download designs in original quality and 4K resolution.

New maps are in, snow maps are out

The snow maps have been retired and new maps are in:

Forbidden Temple Forbidden Temple (Day) Salty Shores Salty Shores (Night) Wasteland

Awards

We award designs of the day/week/month/year every day, week, month and year. Each design that received a lot of likes from other users has a chance to receive an award. Awarded designs can be viewed in the award gallery and you can find an award badge on every awarded design.

BakkesMod loadout codes (website only)

On the website every design now displays a BakkesMod loadout code which can be used to easily equip a loadout of a design on the PC version of Rocket League.

New default avatars

A few days ago we updated the default avatar for all RL Garage users who didn't upload their own avatar yet. Every user with a default avatar got a random car loadout based on the top 500 most liked designs on RL Garage. This helps to better remember and distinguish between users.

PS: What's the most beautiful design? This:

Let us know in the comments how you like these enhancements and feel free to suggest how we can improve the Car Designer even more!

Comments

Please login to participate in this article discussion!

SpeedyPetey3

7 months ago
These updates sound great! Keep it up Rl garage! :)
Reply Report

NotJamesBond

7 months ago
Yea good job guys!!!!!!!!

LuividIsMyXboxUsername

7 months ago
@NotJamesBond How u get the Chucky Cheese 1k jackpot win on that game bro its like impossible for me lmao

NotJamesBond

5 months ago
@LuividIsMyXboxUsername lol idk man, I was so siked when I did it though!

Pulse_Qwerty

7 months ago
Been featured twice in this let’s go
Reply Report

Shawndo907

As a daily designer I say ty rlgarage 👏❤️

username709

7 months ago
white zombas look wrong on some of the cars in the back on reverse sweep

RLG_Noah

@vicegold Can’t see it and restarted it 3 times—

Pulse_Qwerty

Check for an update

JonoHST66

My game keeps crashing :(

JonoHST66

7 months ago
It’s crashing when I view my car designs

JonoHST66

7 months ago
Yo sick update guys thanks for featuring my design

Cyphisonia

7 months ago
yo i love this update, cool improvements on the car designer

Deleted

7 months ago
This comment has been deleted.

AntLegend597

6 months ago
what are these prizes?

AntLegend597

6 months ago
The most liked designs ones

ChrischiFox

6 months ago
Never gonna give you up

DaRealMango

6 months ago
never gonna let u down

Pulse_Qwerty

7 months ago
Why has efflux not been changed but neural network has?

HydroSpek

7 months ago
The comments in this section are BY FAR the most positive. Keep it up! #peaceforUkraune🇺🇦

Pulse_Cringe

What’s the slurpee code 😭

Pulse_Cringe

7 months ago
What’s the slurped item code?

Pulse_Cringe

Yo finally looks good

ADeadBush

7 months ago
All of this sounds great, but... I've been having some serious issues when making my car designs. I don't know if it's because I have too many designs or if it's just a weird glitch going on with my account. Now, whenever I make a new design, I don't get to see it.

ADeadBush

7 months ago
@vicegold I don't use adblocker, but I browse on Brave. I believe it has a built-in adblocker. Could that be the issue?

Dack_Mavis

7 months ago
I’m trying to get more likes on my designs, any advice on what the community likes?

piepie3149

7 months ago
what if the random car pfp was customizable?

Cyphisonia

7 months ago
that would be awesome lol